Thursday, August 9, 2007

Week 9 Thing 22 Audiobooks

I remember trying Overdrive when it first came out but was frustrated because we only had a dial-up Internet connection at home. Things, if I could get connected, took f o r e v e r. I took the Overdrive tour and saw that there were lots of new things...including videos (although the videos were not!!) I will try again at home because we have gone to a high-speed (relatively) connection. I did download the first three chapters of an audio version of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. The voice was British and easy to understand. I could control the volume....however I couldn't go back the reread the last page when my mind wandered!! I also forgot my knitting. Seems I can't just sit and listen without my hands being busy. In school, I was taking notes; now I need to knit...or spin. I am looking forward to receiving my reward for completing 23 Things...maybe then I'll download some music or audiobooks to listen to while I keep my hands busy (but not eating!!!!!!)

No comments: