Monday, August 13, 2007

Week 9 1/2 Thing 23

Wow, I can't believe I made it to the end. This has been an interesting adventure. There have been times when I was SO frustrated I was ready to kill my computer. Creating innumberable log-ins and passwords got me in such a tizzy, then I calmed down and resorted to paper and pen to keep track...

I enjoyed del.icio.us immensely and use it at home and work. Zoho Writer offers lots of possibilities and I've used it several times already. Flickr toys were great fun and Library Thing offers incredible RA opportunities as well as potential for organizing my TBR pile! I have already shared some Things with customers and family. Not sure if they were all dutifully impressed with all my new found knowledge!

I was amazed at the amount of time it took to 'play' online but this adventure has given me the confidence to just go with it! Sharing what works and doesn't with other Thing Adventurers was helpful, especially when I just didn't "get it." I have always felt personally responsibility for my own lifelong learning...and now it's been enhanced by technology! Some of the Things we looked at didn't make much sense to me or I didn't see their value but I plan to revisit some of them to learn more about them.

How to do it better? I would like to have had a tip about Thing 2 and the permalink thing before getting to Thing 4 where it's explained.

I would definitely participate in another discovery program like this...as a matter of fact, I've looked at the next group of Things.....

This has been a challenging, frustrating, exciting, illuminating adventure, one I'm so very glad I took! Thank you, MD23Things and CCPL, for a great ride!

2 comments:

Gail Griffith said...

Kris, I have enjoyed reading your blog--and as always, I like your spirit of adventure!

Peggy said...

Hi..I just finished my 23 things on August 29th. You are absolutely right about the time it took to "play" on line. Loved your remarks about the sheep book in my blog. Your blog is really nice.
Peggy Ransom (Maine-iac maggie) Queen Annes County