Thursday, July 19, 2007

Week 7 Thing 16 Wikis

Of the wiki sites I visited, I liked Library 2.0 in 15 Minutes a Day. The simplicity of some of the explanations was appreciated. Princeton's wiki hasn't been updated since Sept. 2006...and the book for the summer of 2007 is nowhere to be found. I checked out the 2007 wiki for ALA in Washington but didn't see some of the helpful comments I'd seen on previous ALA wikis...too soon? or too late??? Is Bull Run's really a wiki? I checked out some of the connections from MERLIN. It's so hard to keep all this stuff up-to-date. I've even noticed on our own wiki for teams, things sometimes lag. I'm not sure wikis are the first place people look for information nor apparently have we really used them for real interactive participation in a project as yet. Maybe in the future? If they stay around long enough to become a part of the vernacular....things come and go so quickly.....

No comments: